The historic Cross at Mount Sequoyah has been a treasured landmark in the Northwest Arkansas Community since it was originally constructed in 1936. It is a spot that tens of thousands visit each year to look out over the urban landscape below and the hills of the Ozarks in the distance. One can see the pass to the west where the Trail of Tears journeyed into Oklahoma as well as the University of Arkansas campus.
Northwest Arkansans share this place of heritage and beauty with thousands of guests who travel every year to the historic Mount Sequoyah Retreat and Conference Center from across the nation. The Cross is a lasting legacy from the Methodist leaders who founded the Center, chartered in 1922 as the Western Methodist Assembly.
For 80 years this vista has been a beacon and historic icon for all who travel through Fayetteville, and many special moments, marriage proposals, and times of personal reflection take place at this spot.