There is so much to do on the Mountain that it is hard to encompass in just a few sentences, but we’ll try. For starters, we offer one of the best camps for kids in northwest Arkansas; you can interact with art and artists through Creative Spaces; you can learn about cooking, pairing, and plating while enjoying some of the tastiest food in Fayetteville; plus swimming, tennis, and ample green space. Come play with us!
Marlins Swim Team & Adult Lap Swim registration is now open for the 2021 season! Scroll down for all the details about our programs, schedule, and eligibility.Register Now for Marlins Swim Team
The pool at Mount Sequoyah provides a place for relaxation, lessons, and play to everyone.
Creative Spaces at Mount Sequoyah plays a vital role within the vibrant northwest Arkansas arts community. A destination for inspiration and connection, the Mountain provides a setting for contemplation, collaboration, and community engagement. Creative Spaces supports arts residencies, studio spaces and public arts programming. Artists-in-residence and visitors alike will have access to a wide range of experiences and opportunities that will enhance for all a sense of connection to the Arts and to their own creative potential.
Creative Spaces brings community engagement and arts residencies to Mount Sequoyah Center. Creative Spaces is one of many programs and experiences that enhances and adds to the organization’s mission.
Stay tuned as we shape Creative Spaces! For now, studio space is available to rent and we are happy to host arts programming on the Mountain.
Due to health and safety concerns involving COVID-19, Mount Sequoyah is not offering group tennis lessons at this time. We are still making the courts available for our coaches to teach private lessons though. Tennis balls will be sanitized between lessons and participants will not be picking up balls between activities. We are doing all that we can to maintain a safe and clean atmosphere in which to host private tennis lessons.
Coach Josh Hedrick and Coach Rob Hodous are both also available for private lessons. If you would like to schedule a private lesson, please coordinate with the coach directly (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
When not in use for group or private lessons***, the Mount Sequoyah Tennis courts are available and open to the public on a first come, first serve basis.If you are interested in reserving the courts on a regular basis, please contact Emily Gentry at the Mount Sequoyah office at 479-443-4531 or email@example.com.
***The tennis courts are typically reserved for group and private lessons Monday – Friday from 3:30 – 8 pm and occasionally on Saturday mornings. ***
We’re gearing up for the 2021 Mount Sequoyah Pool Season! We’ll have more information about pool memberships out in April. For now, keep scrolling for Marlin Swim Team & Adult Lap Swimming information and registration, which just opened to the general public.
2021 Membership Information:
Pool Memberships will be on sale sometime in April. You will be able to purchase your individual, couple, or family membership online.
2020 Pricing (subject to change for 2021)
Family Membership: $120/month OR $350 for the season (June – September)
Couple Membership: $100/month OR $290 for the season (June – September)
Individual Membership: $60/month OR $180 for the season (June – September)
KEEP SCROLLING for more details and dates about adult lap swimming and the Marlins Swim Team.
Adult Lap Swimming
Make time for fitness and improve your technique with Coach Anita Parisi! These adult programs are for swimmers ages 14 & up who are comfortable in the water.
Coached Lap Swim (each session is 4-weeks long)
These adult classes with Coach Anita Parisi are programmed with approximately 2-6 swimmers per lane. There are lanes of beginners that are swimming 1-2 lengths of the pool at a time before stopping and there are lanes of swimmers doing close to 2 miles per workout day. There are lanes in-between. Come join us!
Morning Sessions (Tues./Thurs. 6-7 am + Sat. 6:45-7:45 am) are $55 per month and our **NEW** Lunchtime Sessions (Mon./Wed. 12-1 pm) are $40 per month. Sign up for both and get $15 off! Adult Lap Swimming runs April-October with registration by month. The full schedule can be found here.
Lap Swimming Basics Classes (individual classes)
We are excited to launch our will new “Lap Swimming Basics” class that will help adults get more comfortable with their lap swimming. The class will focus on technique to get the most out of your lap swimming sessions, whether you swim on your own or with a group. This is prime-time in the water with Coach Anita. Each of these classes is “stand-alone” as the same material will be covered; however, if you would like more practice, you can register for additional sessions with questions and continue to work on technique throughout the summer.
Class Dates & Times:
- Saturday, May 1 at 7:45 am
- Saturday, May 29 at 7:45 am
- Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 29 at 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, Aug 3 at 7:30 pm
Classes are 45 minutes in length and are $10 per swimmer, per class. Mount Sequoyah Pool Members and Clubhaus Fitness Members receive $5. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code.
Please note: Neither of these programs is a “learn-to-swim” class for adults who are afraid of the water. Anita will be offering private lessons for those swimmers at her house in a more private setting. If you are interested or have questions about the best options for you, email Anita at email@example.com.
Marlin Swim Team
Please join Coach Anita Parisi for the Marlins Swim Team at Mount Sequoyah. The Marlins are a recreational summer swim team at Mount Sequoyah Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Our goal is fun, fitness, and finesse! It’s a great, local program where swimmers can learn endurance and swim competency for sports, health, and life! All four competitive strokes will be covered. Swimmers will partake in friendly competitions with other teams in the league as COVID-19 safety regulations allow.
Please note, swimmers do not need to have prior knowledge of certain strokes to participate; they just need to be able to swim one length of the pool unassisted. All swimmers who are new to the Marlins program and are ages 6 & under must schedule a time for Coach Anita to evaluate their ability and make sure that they are ready for the Marlins Swim Team. If a new Marlins swimmer has had previous lessons with Coach Anita or has already gotten approval from Coach Anita, they are exempt from this requirement.
The full schedule for the 2021 Marlins Swim team can be found here.
Registration for returning swimmers will open on Monday, March 1 at 9:00 am. The general public can register beginning on Tuesday, March 2 at 8:00 am.
Session Schedule, Fees, & Payment Policy
- We are currently offering four sessions for Marlins this year: May, June, July, and Fall. Each session has specific time slots for each age group. The May, June, and July sessions are four weeks each and cost $90 per child. The Fall session runs for five weeks and costs $100 per child. You can find the full schedule here.
- There is a non-refundable $25 deposit per child per session. All balances are due 2 weeks prior to the start of each monthly session. If your plans have changed, you must cancel at least 2 weeks before the next session starts in order to receive a refund less the non-refundable deposit.
- We are thrilled to announce that we have added a multi-child discount! The 3rd child is ½ price and the 4th child is free. We are trying out a new feature on our registration software, so please bear with us! The system should automatically apply a 50% discount for the 3rd child and 4th child you register.
Equipment Requirements & Availability
- As with previous years, team swimsuits are not required, but they will be available in the coming weeks (we’ll send another update and link to purchase when ordering is open). We recommend that boys wear suits without pockets or order a jammer-style suit and that girls wear one-piece exercise suits.
- Goggles are mandatory and we recommend “mirrored” ones so that your swimmer does not close their eyes when they swim the backstroke. These will also be available to purchase in the coming weeks.
- One T-shirt per swimmer per summer is included with registration this year for youth participants. Additional shirts, jackets, and other apparel will be available to purchase in the coming weeks in both youth and adult sizes. We will send you the link to order with all the details.
- Swim Caps will also be included with youth registration and will be available for pick-up at the first practice of the year.
Coach Anita will be meeting with the other league coaches in the next few weeks and will have an idea about meets and a meet schedule. As soon as we know the swim meet dates, we will post them on our website. Note that these may not be available until as late as May 1.